Theoretical Part (Lectures):
Worldwide experts will present the current knowledge within the following fields:
- Immune response in inflammatory disease
- Host-pathogen interaction in health and disease
- The microbiome in environment and evolution
- Lipidomic-sphingolipid signaling in health and diseases
- Analysis of molecular processes in inflammation and infection
Practical Part (Laboratory):
- Structural Biology; Rolf Hilgenfeld
- Phenotypic and functional immune analysis in infection; Jörg Köhl
- Reverse genetics of (+)-strand RNA viruses; Norbert Tautz
- Protein Expression of Proinflammatory Cytokines and Identification and Characterization by Mass Spectrometry; Andreas Tholey and Joachim Grötzinger
- Salmonella-induced immune response; Guntram Grassl
- Drosophila as model for epithelia immunity; Thomas Roeder
- Principals of limited proteolysis of cytokine receptors; Björn Rabe
Friday 08/17/2012 Visit of the Structure biology laboratory at the German Electron Synchrotron (Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY)
Summer School Stipends:
The summer school is supported by the DFG Cluster of Excellence Inflammation at Interfaces. This international meeting has a special focus on young scientists with research experience at the late phase of their PhD. Young scientists at the early postdoctoral level are also encouraged to apply.
A limited number of travel awards will be available for highly qualified young researchers, taking into account the cheapest travel connections (up to 100 € for cluster members, 200 € for national and 400 € for international applicants).
Information on participating / attending:
Deadline for registration is May 31st, 2012.
The theoretical part (08/06-08/10/2012) can be attended without attending the pratical part.
Participants of the practical course part (08/13/2012) have to attend the theoretical part.
Number of participants:
A maximum of 50 students can attend the lecture part of the Summer School.
The practical courses are limited to a maximum of 30 students altogether (preferentially PhD students and young postdocs)
Travel awards will be available.
The application form should be send to Dr. Claudia Gey (email@example.com).
To apply for the practical part or a travel award a CV and an abstract (not more than 1 page) of the scientific work has to be added.
08/06/2012 - 08/17/2012
University of Lübeck
Ratzeburger Allee 160
Scientists and scholars, Students
Types of events:
Seminar / workshop / discussion
Dr. Ann-Kathrin Wenke
Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://www.idw-online.de/en/event39606
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).